Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sewaholic Yaletown dress




I LOVE this fabric by Sara Lawson! Thank you Sara! Here is my pattern review for anyone interested in making this dress…
Fabric:ART GALLERY FABRICS  voile floral asphalt from Jungle Ave by Sew sweetness
Pattern Description: pretty easy just a couple little things that confused me about the pockets. Which actually ended up being way simpler than I thought. Also it says to finish the edges before sewing together I found it easier to finish my edges on the pockets after sewing the skirt pieces together.

Pattern Sizing:
I chose size 14 but ended up shearing it down. It runs a bit big so next time a size 12 might fit me.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes, it did.

Were the instructions easy to follow?
I think a few more diagrams might have helped for beginners.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love the fact that it works for a woman who is busty. Most clothes and dresses dont fit in the bust.

Fabric Used:
Voile  Interface was a light WOVEN

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I cut a little less than an inch on the bottom of the top once finished and I took in the sides quite a bit about another 5/8' on each side. The I shorted the length right above my knee so I cut off about 6' off the skirt part.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes and yes. I can't wait to make this again maybe a less flirty style more sofisticated by making it longer.

Conclusion: 

I love this dress and it is incredibly comfortable, I had a very tough time fitting it mainly because I am just learning to sew garments and fit myself. I have some problem areas with my body. So I am having trouble with being between sizes 12-14 . I ended up having to rip out seams a lot just trying to fit it on me. But know that I know how to make it, it will be very easy next time. 

2 comments:

  1. It's lovely Frances. You have inspired me to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The Sewaholic Yaletown dress is a versatile masterpiece. Its flattering design and thoughtful details make it a wardrobe essential. With its comfortable fit and stylish flair, it effortlessly combines fashion and function. Explore Best Games A true must-have for any fashion-savvy individual!"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my site! I love hearing from you!