How I make my flower petals in appliqué
- Trace your pattern on to heat resistant template plastic.
- Cut out the template.
- Trace template onto the back of your fabric.
- Using a quilting weight thread or thicker thread, Use a running stitch starting on the bottom corner of your petal.
- Insert your finger in the center of the fabric and draw up your thread.
- Tie off thread with a couple of stitches .
- Spray starch then use hot iron wait till cools
- Snip one thread and pull out template. Hit petal with iron once more and it’s ready to glue baste in place.