Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Quik Tips... NOT ENOUGH BATTING????? How to fix it!!!!!!!

It's raining and it seems you don't have enough batting to finish your project. Urrrg you don't want to run out to the store. But here is a great way to piece your batting so that it is long enough... add scraps or your extra piece of batting with a machine zig zag stitch...
put pieces together under your machine. DO NOT layer on top of each other. Just simply put together or bud together snugly under your foot. Widen your zig zag stitch and start stitching your batting together. Viola! It will hold and you will never feel it after you quilt your piece!

2 comments:

  1. Ha, ha, ha...I've had to do that before. Shhhhh, no one will ever know. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It works really well. I've done it many times. I just wondered if everyone knew about it. You definitely can't tell once it is stitched together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my site! I love hearing from you!